It’s easy to focus on many of the negative headlines. Instead, let’s reflect on what we’ve accomplished this year. Read this message from Dr. Jonathan Rubens, Chief Medical Officer at ActiveHealth, about approaching the holidays with gratitude.
Serious illnesses take a toll on patients, their families and caregivers. It’s a confusing and emotional time, often involves navigating multiple providers and results in higher health care utilization and costs. It creates challenges for families, caregivers and providers too. High-need patients with serious chronic illnesses such as heart failure, cancer, or end-stage kidney disease require time and resources to manage.
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has introduced new value-based payment models to address some of these challenges. They recently awarded Direct Contracting Entities (DCEs) to a select group of organizations focused exclusively on serving high-need Medicare beneficiaries.
ActiveHealth is proud to have been awarded a Direct Contracting Entity (DCE) to serve high-need patients and their families. During the first performance year, we’ll be collaborating with hospice, palliative care and home-based primary care providers in Florida, New York and Illinois. View the DCE Provider Partners
The Direct Contracting program for high-need Medicare beneficiaries will offer the following enhanced services:
- Advocacy-driven care coordination
- Help from a specialized interdisciplinary team
- Health education and care planning support
- 24/7 support for patients, families and caregivers
- Referrals to community resources
About: ActiveHealth is a payor-agnostic care management and well-being solutions provider with over 20 years of experience and 20 million+ lives under management. ActiveHealth specializes in engaging and advocating for disengaged, vulnerable members who often have multiple medical, behavioral and social challenges. As a result, ActiveHealth is uniquely positioned to meaningfully improve health outcomes and costs.
The vacation season is over – which means it’s time to go back to work, back to school and back to care. When the pandemic first hit, we locked down and stayed safe at home. Many of us delayed or cancelled needed health care. Read a message from ActiveHealth Chief Medical Officer Dr. Jonathan Rubens about taking care of ourselves as we switch gears into the fall season.
Patients with complex and serious illness require more intense specialized care. The Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI) is working to lower costs for these patients while improving care quality.
CMMI is creating opportunities for alternative payment models to care for individuals with Serious Illness through Primary Care First and Direct Contracting. This is an opportunity for you to add new revenue streams with potential for quality-based bonuses. ActiveHealth Management can make it simple for you to participate.
Let’s work together to:
- Improve the health care experience for your patients
- Reduce financial risk while improving quality of care
- Maximize your revenue with a care management partner with proven outcomes
Contact us at 855-217-9301 to learn more about our Serious Illness program.
Successful wellness programs keep people at the center. In our guide, you’ll learn how data can cut through one size fits all health programs to drive personalized wellness experiences. This person-centric approach can help reduce costs, boost workforce productivity and create a healthier culture overall. Learn how to build a successful wellness program, and track your success using our 7 key metrics. Get started today.
Engaging people in healthier habits is hard work. In today’s always-on world, it’s important to integrate wellness into our busy lives. The best way to do that? With the same digital tools we use every day.
Smart phones and wearable devices open up new opportunities to create personalized health experiences. Digital tools like online health assessments and digital coaching can help optimize health and wellness programs.
Less than three percent of Americans live a healthy lifestyle.1 Why? Because making healthier choices isn’t always easy.
When people don’t know where to start, they just don’t. But, with ActiveHealth’s Lifestyle and Condition Coaching program, that’s about to change.
How It Works
1. Power personal insights
The key to personalization is data – what we know and how we use it.
• Powerful predictive analytics - We analyze clinical, behavioral, self-reported and consumer data. Then we create a 360-degree view of each person.
• Personalized plans – Each plan includes the right mix of digital and clinical support. Your employees will get practical, actionable advice designed to create lasting behavior change.
2. Amplify engagement
The Why – We designed the program to uncover the intrinsic motivations because they inspire long term change.
The How – Then we build a personalized experience around them.
• Multi-channel access lets your employees meet us where and when they choose. Telephonic, group coaching, on-site or digital coaching.
• The Active Health Index helps us build personalized care plans. It prioritizes actions that are most urgent and most likely to make a long-term impact on health.
• The MyActiveHealthSM member engagement platform is the digital gateway to health and well-being. Digital tools, programs and resources are neatly packed into a vibrant and engaging online experience.
The Nudge – We stay with our members every step of the way with timely, strategic encouragement that helps them stay engaged.
3. Advance health and well-being
First, we look for specific, primary conditions. But once we connect with participants, we can do much more. We can support more than 40 topics, including:
• Weight management
• Chronic back/neck pain
• Stress management
• Coronary artery disease
• Tobacco cessation
• Heart failure
• Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Digital and clinical coaching support is a winning combination. Your employees will have a real possibility to create long-term behavior change. They’ll have a chance to work toward their best health on their terms – when they want it, how they want it.
Healthy habits are key.
Taking care of your body is the key to good health at every age. It can help slow down or even prevent problems that often come with getting older. And even if certain diseases run in your family, you can still enjoy your golden years. It’s never too late to start good habits
Here are some tips for staying healthy as you age:
- Staying active: Regular physical activity keeps your body strong and helps you feel better. It also makes you less likely to get depressed. You might want to think about walking, gardening or working out at the gym.
- Staying connected: Staying in touch with friends, family, and neighbors is good for your mental health. But try to take time for yourself, too. Spending 20 minutes a day just to relax is great for body and spirit.
- Staying sharp: Try to keep your brain active. Learn or do something new and different. Attend an educational workshop or learn a new card game. There are lots of fun ways to stay mentally sharp.
ActiveHealth Coach Tip:
Coach Jayne's healthy aging tip:
My tip for healthy aging is to eat a well-balanced diet to ensure you are getting all of the nutrients you need for your body to work in its prime! Some tips on healthy eating include:
- Top your favorite whole grain cereal or oatmeal with fruits, seeds, or nuts
- Use herbs and spices instead of salt to flavor your food
- Buy frozen when certain vegetables and fruits are not in season
Jayne is an Onsite Health Coach for ActiveHealth. As a coach, Jayne enjoys motivating others to make healthy lifestyle changes. She enjoys helping people find what works best for them to maintain their changes for a better quality of life!
The information provided by ActiveHealth Management’s health and wellness programs is general in nature. It is not meant to replace the advice or care you get from your doctor or other health professional. If you have specific health care needs or would like more complete health information, please see your doctor or other health care provider. ActiveHealth is a registered or service marks of ActiveHealth Management, Inc. © 2018 ActiveHealth Management, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Opioids are an important part of modern medicine that have improved the quality of life for millions of people. However, we find ourselves amidst an opioid epidemic that continues to escalate. Studies show that 11.5 million people misused prescription opioids1, with economic costs reaching $504 billion2.
In this webinar, join us to learn how to:
Identify and address the significant connection between behavioral health and the misuse of opioids
Leverage evidenced-based analytics to identify health improvement opportunities for members whose pain management may be at variance with the CDC guidelines for opioid use and may be putting them at risk
Actively coordinate communication between providers and patients around pain management and opioid use risks
Deploy targeted care management services stratified for your population at high, moderate or low risk for opioid related events
Dr. Jonathan S. Rubens
Chief Medical Officer, ActiveHealth
Ms. Nancy Slattery
Clinical Team Lead, ActiveHealth
Dr. Gianna Bryan
Clinical Pharmacy Manager, ActiveHealth
1 2016 National Survey on Drug Use and Health Accessible at:https://www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/NSDUH-DetTabs-2016/NSDUH...
2 Mortality in the United States, 2016 NCHS Data Brief No. 293, December 2017. Accessible at:https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db293.pdf
ActiveHealth Management participated in AHIP's Institute & Expo in San Diego, CA June 20-22, 2018 . This year’s Institute brought together professionals from around the country to share solid ideas and build smart partnerships on topics ranging from population health to utilizing technology, data, and analytics.
Conference attendees connected with ActiveHealth representatives to learn more about the power of using evidence-based analytics to create winning solutions to help organizations improve the health of its population and achieve cost savings.
Improving the health and well-being of your population isn't always easy. The health care experience can be confusing and impersonal. We're here to change that. For more than 20 years, we've helped organizations like yours with:
- Evidence-based population health solutions
- Advanced clinical analytics to drive specific engagement
- Highly personalized, targeted and simple member experiences
Connect with us to learn how we can help your organization!